Paper vs. Digital Planners: Which One is Best for You?
You have a lot to do this new year, so you need a planner that will help you prioritize your goals. Not only does it help you keep track of everything in your busy life, but a planner can also help you visualize and strategize what you want to accomplish. Without it, many people are lost in the daily grind and do not take action toward their long-term vision.
There are many planners on the market, but what is best for you? Should you buy a paper planner, or go digital? We'll help you decide.
People have been keeping track of notes and plans on paper probably as long as paper has existed. It's a time-tested method and there are many beautiful planners on the market today that you can customize to your liking. Plus, many people like the tangibility of having things down on paper.
Here are some more benefits and drawbacks to owning a paper planner:
- Customizable to your needs
- Can take anywhere without the need for WiFi or data service
- Tangible, visible notetaking helps plans to feel more real
- Some people like decorating their planners with stickers or markers - it can be a craft project in itself
- Harder to update or change things around
- Can't easily share with others
- If you leave it at home or lose your planner, you don't have a backup
- You have to actively look at the planner
Digital Planners and Apps
With the rise of smartphones, tablets, and personal laptops came an increase in digital planner options. These planners are more accessible now that they're online-based rather than physical products. For many people, this can be more convenient than carrying around a physical journal.
There are some great reasons to use a digital planner. Here are some of the key benefits.
- Saves paper
- Accessible from multiple devices
- Easy to update and share records with others
- Notifications and automation help you remember important tasks
- May require WiFi or data service to access your information
- Not as customizable, usually must work within the confines of the software or app
- Digital notetaking may feel more ephemeral and less concrete
- Can be harder to track your progress over time if you are constantly updating or removing records
So which planner should you choose? Here's one of our recommendations.
The Aspyn Planner and Wellness Workbook
The Aspyn Planner system is not just another journal. We've added features for planning as well as wellness exercises to make sure that not only are you crushing your goals this new year, you're also keeping your mind and body in tip-top shape.
We know that setting goals is not something you do just at the beginning of the year. It's something you need to reflect on and revise each month as you make progress. That's why each month we will send a monthly planner and wellness workbook created just for you.
The monthly planner and workbook come in a PDF, so you can print the pages to use as a physical planner or you can doodle on them with your tablet or phone. It brings together the tangibility of paper with the convenience and accessibility of digital. And if you lose your planner, don't worry -- you can always download another PDF.
How many times have you started a journal or planner and abandoned it a month or two later? Since we send out new content on a monthly basis, it's easier to get back into the swing of things if you fall off the wagon. Plus, the monthly reminders help keep you on track and focused on your goals. If you need a little extra support and momentum, we have a thriving Facebook community that is ready to share stories and advice.
Whether you choose our Aspyn Planner or something else, we hope this article will help you stay on track for a successful new year and plan your way to wellness.